Information about Cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file that a website asks your browser to store for record-keeping purposes. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We’ve included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
What kinds of cookies does Wyng use and why?
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons:
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to enable features like multi-step user experiences in the Wyng Applications and A/B testing of our Website, to better understand how people interact with our Website and the Wyng Applications, and to monitor aggregate and anonymous usage and web traffic.
- Persistent cookies – these have an expiration date in the future and stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies for registration features on our Website and the Wyng Applications, to create a personalized experience in the Wyng Applications, and to better understand usage patterns so we can improve our Website and Wyng Applications. This data is anonymized and aggregated- when we look at the data, we see patterns, but not individuals’ personal information.
What other cookies might I encounter on Wyng’s Website or the Wyng Applications?
There are also some third-party cookies on our Website and in the Wyng Applications. These cookies could be session or persistent cookies, and are set by entities other than Wyng (see examples below). We restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of Wyng. For example, we currently allow:
- Social sharing and login – When you log in to the Wyng Applications or use the Wyng Applications with credentials from social networks like Facebook or Twitter, you authorize them to store a persistent cookie that will remember you and grant you access to the Wyng Applications or a campaign being run using the Wyng Applications every time you visit until it expires. You can delete that cookie (and revoke the access it grants) by updating your preferences with each respective social network. So if you no longer want to be able to log in through Facebook, you’ll need to update your settings within Facebook.
- Web analytics – We use services such as Google Analytics and Marketo to understand how many people come to our Website and what they are interested in, which helps us improve our services. No personally identifiable information (PII) is stored and site usage is always looked at on an aggregate and anonymous level.
- Other functionality – we use tools like Qualaroo, Zendesk, and GetSatisfaction to provide better customer support, and we use Google Adwords and other services for advertising to Website visitors or those who have opted in to receive online advertising and other marketing communications from Wyng.
What kinds of cookies does Wyng not use?
We do not use Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects or LSOs.
How can I manage my cookies?
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
- To learn more about cookies and how to disable them: www.allaboutcookies.org
- To opt out of cookies from Google: www.google.com/privacy/ads
- To opt out of cookies from Facebook: www.facebook.com/help/360595310676682/
Will Wyng work if I disable cookies?
Remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions of our Website and our Wyng Applications. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our Website and the Wyng Applications work. For example, if your browser is set to disable cookies from ‘wyng.com’, you will still be able to view our public Website, but you won’t be able to log in to access our services, or use many of our Wyng Applications, including participating in an active campaign.
Analytics/Log Files. As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Flash/HTML5. We do not use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 in our products. However, third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Other Tracking Technologies. Technologies such as: beacons, tags and scripts may be used by the analytics or service providers we work with for marketing or customer support purposes, and by our clients as they build custom experiences hosted on our platform. We also use our own scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, personalizing users’ experiences on the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
More about your privacy